Rainmaker Research Updates Updates Spell Catcher X for Mac OS X, Adding 64-bit support, new linguistics, and more
Spell Catcher X Combines World Class Multilingual Spell Checking with Suite of Writing Productivity Tools
Toronto, ON—January 13, 2010—Rainmaker Research, Inc. today announced the immediate availability of Spell Catcher X version 10.3.3, a significant update to the industry’s most advanced collection of writing productivity tools. Not only does Spell Catcher provide spell checking services for more than a dozen languages, but it does much more. Among its sophisticated features are the following:New For Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
* New, entirely re-written input method application, for compatibility with both 64-bit and 32-bit applications.
* New input method installation and update procedure and user interface.
New For All
* German localization.
* Autosaving of reference documents.
* New speech alerts feature allows inserting the (spoken) error, along with other simple embedded speech commands into the spoken alert text.
* New preference to Indicate whether interactive checking is on or off in the Dock icon.
* Added ability to reset Universal preferences to their out-of-the-box defaults.
* Added import of TypeIt4Me version 4.x files.
* Added import of TextExpander files.
* Updated linguistics and language plugins.:
* Spotlight plugin now built as 32/64 bit universal.
* Many performance improvements, mostly related to application launch time and DirectCorrect.
* Numerous improvements to the way that the various pop-up windows are positioned during interactive checking.
* DirectCorrect now compatible with iWork '09 applications and Nisus Writer.
Pricing and Availability
Spell Catcher X retails for $39.95.
A "Lite" license for Spell Catcher X is available for $29.95 (excludes some advanced features).
Spell Catcher X users can purchase language plug-ins for Dutch, Canadian English, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Russian and Norwegian Bokmal for an additional $10 each.
Spell Catcher X requires Mac OS X 10.4.3 or later.
Rainmaker Research Inc., founded in 1984 by Evan Gross, is the Toronto-based developer of Spell Catcher. Spell Catcher is the ultimate spell checking and writing tool, first released for the Macintosh in 1985, followed by Spell Catcher Plus for Windows in 1998. Spell Catcher, Spell Catcher 8, Spell Catcher X, and Spell Catcher Plus are all trademarks of Rainmaker Research Inc. Macintosh is a registered trademark of Apple Computer, Inc.