• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johanna003

Johanna003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 04:23 PM

Please, isn't there any kind of pdf how-to file for this Spell Catcher program (OS 10)? I have had Spell Catcher 8 and never needed help wih it, in installation or working with it. I've only been able to get this one active on the menu bar one time and don't know how I did it and then where it went. It's open but inactive in my dock but I cannot get it onto the menu bar. The one time I had it working, it insisted that "just" was correctly spelled "jsut." And no, I haven't changed anything because I can't find out how yet. It is a great program if one could just use it. I am fairly computer savvy but am frustrated.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:19 PM

Please, isn't there any kind of pdf how-to file for this Spell Catcher program (OS 10)? I have had Spell Catcher 8 and never needed help wih it, in installation or working with it. I've only been able to get this one active on the menu  bar one time and don't know how I did it and then where it went. It's open but inactive in my dock but I cannot get it onto the menu bar. The one time I had it working, it insisted that "just" was correctly spelled "jsut." And no, I haven't changed anything because I can't find out how yet. It is a great program if one could just use it. I am fairly computer savvy but am frustrated.

Have you read the manual and gone through the tutorial? There is also a FAQ related to this in our knowledge base. But if you read the manual (this is the "how-to" PDF you ask about - it's on your installation disk image) and go through the tutorial (and read the "Read before installing" document on your disk image) it should become very clear.

Basically, you have to activate interactive checking (totally optional by the way, you don't have to have it active to use other SCX Services and Dock Menu commands) by choosing it from the Input Menu.

If your input menu disappears at restart, read our FAQ about that Apple bug and how to get around it.

Other than the fact that SCX is an input method (well, big technical difference) the operation is basically very similar. You might want read about what input methods are (in the regular Mac help - search for input method or input menu) and how they work so you understand what it is you're actually doing (with regards to interactive checking).

As for thinking a word you typed was incorrect, please note what application this happened in and report it to us in the Compatibility forum.

Hope that helps,
Evan Gross