• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chasets

chasets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 09:43 AM

I am using the demo version of Spell Catcher Plus. Wow!! I am testing it as a replacement for the (terrible) spell checker in the high-end type setting program Adobe InDesign. I was pleasantly surprised that the clipboard spelling system preserved all of my styles and text settings.

The modify features are also great (Capitalization, Convert Lower, etc.). My suggestion is to expand the Search and Replace to include regular expressions. I am currently editing a multi-author work in which some authors used 2 spaces after periods, some only 1. With regular expressions (regex), I could easily standardize this.

Thanks,

--Tim

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:03 AM

Hi Tim,

You can use search and replace within Modify Selection to replace ".(2 spaces)" with ".(1space)" and have question marks followed by two spaces to be replaced with a question mark followed by one space. Additionally, modified selection operations can be compounded (ie, make uppercase and perform a replace operation), and they can be stored in macro files with a hot key assigned so it becomes easy to perform routine editing operations.

As far as regex goes, I'll have to look into it, but at this point we have our hands full getting our website up and running and preparing for a new release this fall.

Glad you're enjoying Spell Catcher, and hope that you'll consider buying it when the time comes... site licenses are available, and purchasing before an upgrade comes out will entitle you waived fees should there be any attached to the upgrade.

Thanks,
John T - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows