• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lcpguy

lcpguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:02 PM

I simply love Spell Catcher Pro for Windows and have been a registered user for years. I started out with Spell Catcher for the Mac and when I migrated to Windows Spell Catcher was something I did not even consider leaving behind. That being said, there has always been a major irritant to me and that is the requirement to use the "Control" key to bring up suggestions.

I would like to suggest that you offer alternate ways to accomplish this as sometimes I want the "Control" key for other purposes. Perhaps Ctrl+Alt, or, Ctrl+s, etc., etc.

John ;)

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 01:21 PM

Hi John,

I'm glad to hear that you're finding Spell Catcher for Windows useful with your computing activity. I also want to thank you for the suggestion of allowing the use of an alternate key sequence to bring up the Suggestion dialog.

Before doing that I'm going to be coming out with a new version in a few weeks that will optionally present you with a tooltip window containing suggestions when an error is detected, thus completely avoiding the need to even display the Suggestion dialog.

I think this will greatly improve the usefulness of Spell Catcher and hope that it will encourage many users to update their installations. We (Evan Gross and I) are not planning on charging for our initial update to Spell Catcher for either the Windows or Mac version.

Additionally, the idea of presenting the first few suggestions in a tooltip window was sent in by a user a few months ago - for this and other neat ideas to improve Spell Catcher I'm really grateful.

Please stay tuned... :)

John Tytler,
Author - Spell Catcher for Windows