• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:59 PM

Please excuse this question if you have answered it a million times but I've gone back to OS 9 and forgotten what I used to know about Spell Catcher 8.

If I want Spell Catcher to learn a new word the quick way I press control and click on Learn Word and a list of options comes up: Quick Learned Word, Quick Compiled Learned Word and Quick Learned Shorthands. The same when I want to add a shorthand the quick way.

What is Quick Compiled Learn Word? Can I get rid of that?

Is there a way to restrict the options when I control click on Learn Word to Just Quick Learned Word, and when I control click on Add Shorthand to just Quick Learned Shorthand? Or at the very least, when I control click on Add Shorthand, the Quick Learned Shorthand option comes at the top?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:38 PM

Please excuse this question if you have answered it a million times but I've gone back to OS 9 and forgotten what I used to know about Spell Catcher 8.

If I want Spell Catcher to learn a new word the quick way I press control and click on Learn Word and a list of options comes up: Quick Learned Word, Quick Compiled Learned Word and Quick Learned Shorthands. The same when I want to add a shorthand the quick way.

What is Quick Compiled Learn Word? Can I get rid of that?

Is there a way to restrict the options when I control click on Learn Word to Just Quick Learned Word, and when I control click on Add Shorthand to just Quick Learned Shorthand? Or at the very least, when I control click on  Add Shorthand, the Quick Learned Shorthand option comes at the top?

Quick Compiled Learned Words means to add the word to a Compiled Learned Words Reference.

And sorry, there's no way to customize what's in the contextual menu or the order in which the items appear (well, maybe with a bunch of ResEdit hacking, but probably not - that menu is built on-the-fly whenever you control-click).

#3 Cat

Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:11 PM

Thanks for that, Evan.

Not a big problem, but now I know.

#4 EvrikSarRUS

EvrikSarRUS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:143040

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

сборник последних версий самых часто используемых в работе программ. http://b23.ru/5lc8 Этот образ был извлечен из последней сборки Windows Данный сборник будет полезен как начинающему, так и опытному пользователю.