• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cat

Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:07 PM

I use UK English as my main spelling dictionary. When I open the preferences and go to Reference Files, UK English is listed twice and when I control click on both options, exactly the same file path is shown for both. I cannot work out why it is listed twice.

I have no problems with Spell Catcher. Just a perfectionist issue and a desire to know why.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:42 PM

I use UK English as my main spelling dictionary. When I open the preferences and go to Reference Files, UK English is listed twice and when I control click on both options, exactly the same file path is shown for both. I cannot work out why it is listed twice.

I have no problems with Spell Catcher. Just a perfectionist issue and a desire to know why.

Probably a corrupt preferences file. The easiest way to remedy this is to (Quit Spell Catcher 8 first) trash the Spell Catcher 8 Preferences file from System Folder:Preferences.

Unfortunately, you'll lose other settings as well.

Usually this happens when restoring from a backup, moving the Spell Catcher 8 Prefs file from one System Folder to another, or some similar thing.

One thing that you can try (might not be possible, since you can't Remove items that reside in the Application Support:Spell Catcher 8:Reference Files folder) is to see whether you can remove one of them from the list.

#3 Cat

Cat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

Thanks, Evan, that did the trick.