• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dbnfred

dbnfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:59 PM

I have used SCP for years now with no issue. I just upgraded my IE to 7Beta3. SCP now works erratically in the edit box in a web page. For example ....

Typing 'great car. Works fine' turns to 'GGreat car.WWorks fine'. SCP converts first letter to UC as expected but it gets doubled and space preceding is gone.

I has this issue before in applications that did auto correct natively. Once I disabled it, SCP worked fine. However, IE7 does not have this feature.

Any ideas, please>

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 12:30 PM

Hi there,

I've heard this from one other user, a few weeks back. I just chalk it up to the fact that the IE7 version is still Beta, meaning I hope Microsoft is going to correct this before final version.

Perhaps I should download it and give it a try myself, and then report this problem to MS - so they don't release IE7 before it is ready.

Thanks for reporting this... if you can report it to MS (provided they have included a means of providing feedback for beta testers), please send in a report.

With thanks,
John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 dbnfred

dbnfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

By all means. SCP is a product that ran for years on my machine and I will be more than happy to help out. Can you please shed some light, though, on what the issue is?

I'm not sure what or how to describe the issue being an IE7 bug?

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hi,

At this point I have no ideas why this would be happening. In the near future I'm going to be purchasing a new PC (dual core processor) so that I can test Spell Catcher on a dual processor machine (I've been told there is a problem on these machines).

This machine will also have lots of disk space, so I can install the IE7 Beta and the Vista Beta to prepare Spell Catcher for these releases.

Thanks for the heads up concerning IE7. I'm really hoping this issue will be ironed out by the time IE7 is released.

John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#5 dbnfred

dbnfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:42 AM

I just updated my IE install to IE7 RC1 and the issue still there. Hope we can find a fix soon.

#6 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:37 AM

I see what you mean... I just installed FC2 and have observed what you reported. I'll begin investigating the issue today.

I'll most likely have to make an adjustment within SSpell CCatcher (see) to accommodate this new version of IE.

Thanks again for reporting this, I'll keep you posted.

John Tytler
Author - SSpell CCatcher PPlus