• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 David Watts

David Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

Hi, I've just installed the demo version of 3.0. I have a two-monitor Windows XP system. When the window I'm typing in (eg Notepad) is on the primary display, the yellow popup suggestions window displays correctly next to where I'm typing. However, if the same window is on the 2nd monitor, the yellow yellow popup appears instead on the primary monitor, on the side nearest to the 2nd monitor.

So my suggestion is this: please properly support multiple monitors for the placement of the yellow popup box.

Thanks.
David.

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

Hi David,

This is certainly something that should be fixed. You are the first to mention this issue with multiple monitors. If you e-mail us directly at support@rainmakerinc.com I would like to enlist your help in correcting this issue over the next few weeks.

In the e-mail mention that you have a Windows mutliple monitor issue that needs resolving, and we'll get the process started.

Thanks,
John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:30 PM

Thanks go to Jacques for helping me fix Spell Catcher's multiple monitor issues. I believe version 3.10a2 (which is now available for download) has these changes. If you find this not to be the case, e-mail me and I'll send you a new executable which does handle multiple monitors correctly.

John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#4 David Watts

David Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:38 PM

Thanks John, and sorry I didn't reply to your ealier posting.

David.