ian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

Hi,
Windows XP Pro
Spell Catcher Plus Version 3.0.0 build 1842

my problem is I need new licence keys more often than I should.

Why, well, When I install Windows (like I did 2 weeks ago after an "almight" crash), I make a Ghost image as I progress through the installation.
Image 1) Only windows installed, hardware and essential programs, firewall & antivirus. When it's all working OK I activate and make a Ghost image, putting it in folder C1.

then I install Office, PsPro, spell Catcher plus ( & getting a licence key) and such programs onto partition G:. then I make an image of both G: & C: in to Folder 2. etc

Then I install all the utility programs that I use into F:, Nero, Macro Scheduler, Copernic Pro etc etc. When it's all OK I make an image of F: & C: into Folder 3.

I use G3 RealFlight so it's now installed into D:, then an image of D: & C:

finally I install Studio 10 into C:. Then an image is made of C:.
Doing all that means that in the event of a problem I can restore the image required to get me back into operation. Many times that has "saved my bacon".

My problem now with Spell Catcher is that it wants new licence keys, all I have done is due to a Beta patch fouling thing up in Studio 10 I restored image C5, I emphasise that I got a new licence key for the image No 2, and nothing has changed in any Ghost images after that image, except the installations of programs, that is. It is the same windows install all through the process, no hardware changes or anything.

I have had a new licence key for Vista, ane for XP and now another is required for this same windows installation. Anyone know why.

I could very well go Vista when it's officially released (probably will) so that means another key is required.

If I get another key now I have another problem, I could use it in the present Windows image I'm using, but then that means the previous images will require a new key ,or will they. What I could do, is restore image 2 and put in the new key, save the image, restore the next image and put in that key etc. the images are exactly the same install windows installation except for other programs are installed. will that work.
I don't want to install a key into this image 5 then find the other images also require one.

heelllppp please :D
thanks
Ian

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 01:31 PM

Hi Ian,

It certainly sounds like your well prepared to recover from whatever, whenever it happens. That's great!

After restoring Spell Catcher during a recovery, it is possible that you may need to request a new key using your existing Spell Catcher license. This is something that should be easy to do, requiring little time and no money on your behalf.

Those who have purchased Spell Catcher from us since July 2003 can have their license e-mailed to them anytime by visiting the following page on our website:

http://www.rainmaker...uestserial.html

There is a link in this e-mail (one for each license you own) that you can click on (after Spell Catcher has been installed) to really simplify the key request process.

We do track the number of keys that have been requested using a license; however, this shouldn't be a problem. If you do happen to bump into this limit (for any reason), just let us know through e-mail and we'll gladly reset it so you can continue requesting keys. This is not a problem. I have just reset your count so please, try requesting a key or keys again...

Thanks for bringing this up,
John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 ian

ian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

Thanks for your quick reply John.

But why is it asking for a new key, nothing has changed at all so it shouldn't do that.

Spell Catcher Plus is installed in my C: partition. I had initially thought that when I got a new key for this Windows installation on Ghost image 2 I wouldn't be "annoyed" with this.

As I proceeded with installing the programs and making ghost images 3 - 4 & 5 nothing at all was changed except for the programs that were installed. It was the same Windows installation the the whole way through the process. The installs were all made on the same day. The only changes I made to tne PC were 2 new hard drives, the drive for Windows and 2 partitions is a new Seagate Barracuda Perpendicular HDrive. I also defragment the partitions with O&O Defragmenter program (best on sale).

If this keeps on I'll need a new key every month.

I have 3 SATA HDrives, each with 3 or 4 partitions, Vista is NOT installed on a dual boot or in anyway.
I use the drives for work I do and for backups of everything.
mobo ASUS P5AD2-E Premium.

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hi Ian,

Please e-mail me personally and I'll be glad to discuss this with you further.

With thanks,
John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.
john@rainmakerinc.com

#5 ian

ian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:10 AM

Please e-mail me personally and I'll be glad to discuss this with you further.

John,

I believe I have it fixed.

I got a couple of new programs, so on Saturday last I went back to Ghost image 2, installed them, then I got a new licence key for Spell Catcher Plus and put it in. I then did the same with Ghosts 3,4 & 5.

So far so good, it does look good indeed, do you know, I'd really miss that program, it's one of my favourites.

Sorry to trouble you John.

#6 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:07 AM

Hi Ian,

Reasonable questions from anyone are never trouble...

Thanks,
John