2 replies to this topic

#1 tbailey

tbailey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:45 PM

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I have "View New Posts" bookmarked. All I want is to view the new posts for Spell Catcher X for Mac. However, when I select this page from my favorites in Safari, I sometimes get new posts and questions concerning Spell Catcher Plus.

Even when I am on the page Rainmaker>Tech Support>Spell Catcher X, and click on "View New Posts" I get Spell Catcher Plus new item(s).

Am I missing something? Why would this be? Seems like awhile back this was not the case.

Please correct me where I am wrong.

Tom

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:12 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this.

I have "View New Posts" bookmarked. All I want is to view the new posts for Spell Catcher X for Mac. However, when I select this page from my favorites in Safari, I sometimes get new posts and questions concerning Spell Catcher Plus.

Even when I am on the page Rainmaker>Tech Support>Spell Catcher X, and click on "View New Posts" I get Spell Catcher Plus new item(s).

Am I missing something? Why would this be? Seems like awhile back this was not the case.

Please correct me where I am wrong.

Tom

If you're referring to the "View New Posts" link near the top-right (between My Controls and My Assistant), it will give you results for all forums. It's always worked this way - it doesn't matter which forum you're viewing when you click it (note the URL in your browser's status bar when you hover over it).

Might just be that there have been more Spell Catcher Plus posts recently due to IE7 and Vista...

Perhaps there's some way to configure your controls or the search feature to do what you want. I took a quick look, but didn't see anything obvious.

#3 tbailey

tbailey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:33 PM

Ok, guess there is no way to just view new posts related specifically to the product that I own.

Thanks for the confirmation. Sometimes I can't tell by the thread title if it is SCX issue or SCP issue. Especially if you or John are not the last to post. So I go to it, and then discover that it is a Windows issue.

I am sure it is a limitation of Invision Power Board, and you can't do anything about it.

Thanks for the reply.
Tom