• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy

Timmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

<_< Is it possible to use a different dictionary or thesaurus with Spell Catcher Plus. Say, from a Merriam-Webster dictionary thesarus software package.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:48 AM

<_< Is it possible to use a different dictionary or thesaurus with Spell Catcher Plus. Say, from a Merriam-Webster dictionary thesarus software package.

Sorry to say, it's really not an option. Linguistic software developers all use different schemes for encoding/compressing/accessing their content databases. This is to protect their property, along with various other reasons.

Meanwhile, Spell Catcher already uses (Proximity's version of) the Mirriam-Webster thesaurus. What is the actual product you're thinking of, and the reasons behind wanting to do this?

#3 Timmy

Timmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:39 AM

Sorry to say, it's really not an option. Linguistic software developers all use different schemes for encoding/compressing/accessing their content databases. This is to protect their property, along with various other reasons.

Meanwhile, Spell Catcher already uses (Proximity's version of) the Mirriam-Webster thesaurus. What is the actual product you're thinking of, and the reasons behind wanting to do this?

#4 Timmy

Timmy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:46 AM

I purchased "Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary and Thesaurus Deluxe Audio Edition 2.5 " several years ago
because the spellchecker with my word 95 was not very good. This program searches for words and gives you a
detailed account of it meaning etc.

It would be nice if I could transfer this information to "Spell Catcher" and use it within "Spell Catcher".

Thanks,

Timmy

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

I purchased "Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary and Thesaurus Deluxe Audio Edition 2.5 " several years ago
because the spellchecker with my word 95 was not very good. This program searches for words and gives you a
detailed account of it meaning etc.

It would be nice if I could transfer this information to "Spell Catcher" and use it within "Spell Catcher".

Thanks,

Timmy

It may indeed be a nice thing to be able to do, but it can't.

Kind of like asking your BMW dealer if they can swap the engine with a Mercedes one - well, sort of...