Photo

How do I make Backups of Spelling References?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ddoer

ddoer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

I took a quick look at the Online Help topics and didn't see this answered... and not a menu choice (assuming that Export is for other purposes).

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I think it would be helpful to make this really easy and obvious... I'm still getting used to the Mac environment and different apps seems to handle backups differently (e.g. drag library to a backup device vs. an archive Menu command or a Backup command or...).

thanks!

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 24 March 2007 - 01:48 AM

I took a quick look at the Online Help topics and didn't see this answered... and not a menu choice (assuming that Export is for other purposes).

I assume I'm missing something obvious, but I think it would be helpful to make this really easy and obvious... I'm still getting used to the Mac environment and different apps seems to handle backups differently (e.g. drag library to a backup device vs. an archive Menu command or a Backup command or...).

thanks!

Just be sure to include your home Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder in your backup plan. You can always just copy it somewhere else using the Finder, but I'd highly recommend using a "real" backup program rather than any per-application backup command.

#3 ddoer

ddoer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 07:22 AM

thanks!

Just be sure to include your home Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder in your backup plan. You can always just copy it somewhere else using the Finder, but I'd highly recommend using a "real" backup program rather than any per-application backup command.

OK, good enough, thanks much.
PS-- is something like that paragraph in the documentation already and I missed it?