1 reply to this topic

#1 benevision

benevision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:31 PM

Hello,
I have been using a pre C&G version of your software (Thunder7 1.5.5) since version 1.0. Despite it's venerable age it has remained remarkably stable and useful through the various operating systems!
I would like to know if you provide an upgrade path?
Also since you aren't developing SpellCatcher8 further, if I upgrade to this product do I have to purchase SpellCatcherX outright when I make the inevitable step to OSX?
I will provide my T7 serial number if requested.
thanks in advance...

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:44 PM

Hello,
I have been using a pre C&G version of your software (Thunder7 1.5.5) since version 1.0. Despite it's venerable age it has remained remarkably stable and useful through the various operating systems!
I would like to know if you provide an upgrade path?
Also since you aren't developing SpellCatcher8 further, if I upgrade to this product do I have to purchase SpellCatcherX outright when I make the inevitable step to OSX?
I will provide my T7 serial number if requested.
thanks in advance...

I'm really sorry, Thunder 7 is just so old (> 7 years!) it's just not possible for us to offer upgrades. It's as much of an administration problem and online store problem as anything else. The time it would take us to set things up for such requests will detract from the time we've got to work on improving the products. Panther is coming, and we have to be ready.

That said, if you buy Spell Catcher 8 from us, we're going to eventually try to set something up at our online store (it's not a trivial thing) to offer some sort of discount if you need a version of Spell Catcher for another platform (Mac OS X is a totally different OS platform from OS 8 as much as Windows is). No promises as to when or how - we don't even know ourselves.

It's a tough decision to make, but to set up the necessary features to allow upgrades from customers we have no information about on our online store is just too difficult a task at the moment. I don't even think C&G was offering upgrades from Thunder 7 any more. Remember that we REALLY got shafted by Baseline Publishing when they went under. Makes what happened with C&G look like a minor inconvenience.

If you do decide to buy from at regular retail pricing, we really do appreciate the extra $5 or $10 you'd have to spend over any upgrade price. Remember it goes towards making the products, this place, and the services we can provide better in the future.

Evan Gross