• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cogscilibrarian

cogscilibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I'm using Spell Catcher Plus (3.10.2a9) and I've got a problem when it replaces words in Outlook 2003. Often -- but not always -- when I mistype a word and it goes back to correct the word, it also replaces the space BEFORE the word it replaced.

so if I mistype "something", what happens is that "something" gets corrected, but turns into mistypesomething --- which I then have to go back & fix.

It doesn't happen all the time in Outlook, and it very rarely (if ever) happens in any other application. (I didn't see it happen at all in this post, for instance, tho it did correct quite a few words).

Any ideas?
Thanks!
-stephanie

(note: it *did* just do it in this post ... I initially hit <enter> twice after "Any ideas?" and then typed "thanks" (lower case). Spell Catcher replaced the lower case thanks with Thanks (upper case) and removed one of the carriage returns. ??? )

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry about this very late reply... Iíve been in summer mode with a new GF and (well, there have been lots of distractions).

As for backspacing too far (usually one space), Spell Catcher has been doing this intermittently forever. I have reworked the replacement code at least 5 times since the programs inception in 1997. All I can tell you is that the newest version is better than ever, with VERY few replacement problems.

Trouble is, it hasnít been released yet since Iím also working on other features that are being incorporated into the next major release which I want to get out the door sometime in 2008.

So , I do have some ideas and think itís in pretty good shape now. I hope to get it out ASAP...

Sorry again for the slow response!
John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 cogscilibrarian

cogscilibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:32 AM

Well, at least I know I'm not crazy. ^_^

I'm looking forward to the new release, as the problem seems to be getting worse -- despite a brand new computer.

#4 Grady Lucas

Grady Lucas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:22 PM

has this issue been resolved? It still happens for me with 10.4, very annoying.

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 23 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

has this issue been resolved? It still happens for me with 10.4, very annoying.

Sorry, what product are you using? There is no version 10.4 of Spell Catcher Plus (for Windows), although version 10.4 for Spell Catcher X (For Mac OS X) was just released.