• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rockneosx

Rockneosx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:44 PM

Jobs and Co have announced there will be an SDK for iPhone 3rd party Apps available early next year. Is there any interest, or, might it even be possible to see Spell Catcher X on the iPhone one day in the future? I would gladly pay a premium for the privilege of using your mission critical App on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your careful consideration.

Rock

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:51 PM

Jobs and Co have announced there will be an SDK for iPhone 3rd party Apps available early next year. Is there any interest, or, might it even be possible to see Spell Catcher X on the iPhone one day in the future? I would gladly pay a premium for the privilege of using your mission critical App on the iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your careful consideration.

Rock

Let's just see what the iPhone SDK will let developers do first!

And then, let's just see if I'll ever be able to use an iPhone (legally, that is) in Canada, with the only cell provider that it could ever actually work with (Roger's).

So as for interest, sure, why not? As for possible, no clue at this point in time.

#3 Rockneosx

Rockneosx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thanks kindly, Evan. I haven’t been around awhile and had forgotten you‘re in Canada. That certainly does change the complexion of the problem. The fact that you are even willing to entertain the notion of development for the iPhone is certainly welcome.

Thank you again for chiming in.

Rock

And then, let's just see if I'll ever be able to use an iPhone (legally, that is) in Canada, with the only cell provider that it could ever actually work with (Roger's).

So as for interest, sure, why not? As for possible, no clue at this point in time.

#4 Rockneosx

Rockneosx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:04 AM

Greetings, Evan...

I understand the new iPhone 3.0 SDK has recently been made available and I'm so pleased we iPhone users will finally be seeing cut and paste.

Any chance you've had a chance to review it and might care to opine about the possibilities implementing Spell Catcher X?

Rock

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 22 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Greetings, Evan...

I understand the new iPhone 3.0 SDK has recently been made available and I'm so pleased we iPhone users will finally be seeing cut and paste.

Any chance you've had a chance to review it and might care to opine about the possibilities implementing Spell Catcher X?

Rock

Looks like it's still impossible, as they haven't opened up any of the keyboard or input method-related APIs that would be necessary (but definitely exist).

Too bad. Really too bad.

Copy and Paste may hold a tiny, minimal amount of promise for my purposes, but it's not what I really need.

#6 Rockneosx

Rockneosx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for your prompt reply and I'm sorry to learn theses needed APIs aren't available.

Damn!

Rock

Looks like it's still impossible, as they haven't opened up any of the keyboard or input method-related APIs that would be necessary (but definitely exist).

Too bad. Really too bad.

Copy and Paste may hold a tiny, minimal amount of promise for my purposes, but it's not what I really need.