• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimwick

jimwick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:58 PM

I think when I first installed Spell Catcher and after I had set up Interactive, there was no dock icon. Fine! There’s access through the Input Menu, and dock space is at a terrible premium.

Now, with the upgrade to 10.2, the dock icon is back and taking up needed space. Will you be reinstituting the non-existent dock icon?

(In my view, all apps should be written with an option to dispense with the dock icon. Maybe Apple has to cooperate in that effort.)

#2 paulc

paulc

Advanced Member

• Co-Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:05 PM

While an option might be worthwhile down the road, please realize that control clicking the dock icon has use; you can select any of the menu item that reside in the "checkmark menu" down there.

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 27 August 2003 - 05:13 PM

I think when I first installed Spell Catcher and after I had set up Interactive, there was no dock icon. Fine!  There’s access through the Input Menu, and dock space is at a terrible premium.

Now, with the upgrade to 10.2, the dock icon is back and taking up needed space. Will you be reinstituting the non-existent dock icon?

(In my view, all apps should be written with an option to dispense with the dock icon. Maybe Apple has to cooperate in that effort.)

There has always, always, always been a Dock Icon for the Spell Catcher application. You can use third party utilities to make it "not appear" in the Dock, but that is HIGHLY unadvisable.

There are items in SCX's Dock Menu that you cannot get to in any other way for certain applications. Just be forewarned that you could run into problems.

There is no way from within SCX to make the Dock Icon "go away".