• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tbailey

tbailey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

All is quiet and silent. Anything that can be shared on the new Spell Catcher update? How close? upgrade costs? hints on features?

We need a little information to get excited about it!

Tom

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

All is quiet and silent. Anything that can be shared on the new Spell Catcher update? How close? upgrade costs? hints on features?

We need a little information to get excited about it!

Tom

I know, been slower going than I hoped. I took some time off working on the Spell Catcher X 10.3 upgrade after Macworld Expo. I was getting a bit burned out, and was waiting on 10.5.2 somewhat to see if the two Leopard bugs that caused all the troubles with upgrading existing input method components were going to be fixed (one was, one wasn't, both need to be for the problems to go away).

I bought an iPhone at Macworld and just couldn't seem to put it down. It so seriously needs something like Spell Catcher's glossary feature (at least) I wanted to take a serious look at developing for it.

Just last week we got the (near) final version of the new linguistic software and databases (a major upgrade to Proximity's stuff) and got that mostly integrated. I still have some bugs to fix with a very important new feature (probably a week's work).

I'm not done with the online store/purchase/license upgrade/mySQL database/Perl CGI stuff yet, but getting there. I also need to create new web pages for customers to check upgrade eligibility and that sort of thing.

More to this than just the software - seems I forget about that whenever estimating a release date...

#3 Toby F.

Toby F.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

I am also looking forward to an updated fully Leopard-compatible version. Spell-Catcher is slowly becoming unusable :(

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:03 AM

I am also looking forward to an updated fully Leopard-compatible version. Spell-Catcher is slowly becoming unusable :(

It's coming as fast as I can get it ready. But I'm not sure what you're finding unusable. If you can elaborate, can probably suggest something...