• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Alfun

Alfun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

I am running windows vista home premium on a HP Pavilion, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz with 2 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) using Spell Catcher Plus version 3.10.2a9 build 2174 May 2007.

I have been using Spell catcher for some time, and it has always performed flawlessly for the most part. Recently, though, I have had a problem with it inserting the corrected misspelled words from the correction list. The list pops up and when I press the number for the word to use for the replacement word the screen flickers, but the word remains misspelled. It is doing this in all windows applications, so it is not a matter of formatting in the clipboard, I have tried all of that. I have also tried a number of restore dates only to find out that windows couldn't restore for some unknown reason. I tried to uninstall spell catcher plus and reinstall it and that didn't help. I have uninstalled a few programs that I had recently installed and none of them helped the problem out. If I select everything, copy it to the clip board and do a check clipboard it works fine no problems with that. In fact the program seems to be working, but it simply will not insert the corrections. Has anyone else had this problem? I am at my wits end with it. I have tried just about everything that I can think of. One question that pops into my mind is, I uninstalled Spell Catcher plus and then installed it again, it didn't seem to ask for my license information? Could it be that there are still remnants of the install messing things up? Is there a utility to uninstall completely? Is there any registry edit that I can make to aid with this problem?

Thank you

Alfun@optonline.net

#2 Alfun

Alfun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

I am running windows vista home premium on a HP Pavilion, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz with 2 GB (DDR2 SDRAM) using Spell Catcher Plus version 3.10.2a9 build 2174 May 2007.

I have been using Spell catcher for some time, and it has always performed flawlessly for the most part. Recently, though, I have had a problem with it inserting the corrected misspelled words from the correction list. The list pops up and when I press the number for the word to use for the replacement word the screen flickers, but the word remains misspelled. It is doing this in all windows applications, so it is not a matter of formatting in the clipboard, I have tried all of that. I have also tried a number of restore dates only to find out that windows couldn't restore for some unknown reason. I tried to uninstall spell catcher plus and reinstall it and that didn't help. I have uninstalled a few programs that I had recently installed and none of them helped the problem out. If I select everything, copy it to the clip board and do a check clipboard it works fine no problems with that. In fact the program seems to be working, but it simply will not insert the corrections. Has anyone else had this problem? I am at my wits end with it. I have tried just about everything that I can think of. One question that pops into my mind is, I uninstalled Spell Catcher plus and then installed it again, it didn't seem to ask for my license information? Could it be that there are still remnants of the install messing things up? Is there a utility to uninstall completely? Is there any registry edit that I can make to aid with this problem?

Thank you

Alfun@optonline.net

I have located the problem and corrected a wrong setting it is working now, Thanks.

#3 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

I'm glad you were able to figure out what was wrong... can you tell me the setting that you adjusted? This information might help others when they report the same problem.

Thanks,
John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.