• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 David Watts

David Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

Is Spell Catcher Plus supported on Vista, and more specifically Vista x64?

Thanks.
David.

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:06 PM

Hi David,

Spell Catcher is a 32 bit application and only works with 32 bit applications. I don't have either Vista X64 or a 64 bit machine so I'm not sure what happens if you try to run a 32 bit application in that environment.

If you have that kind of configuration, please feel free to download Spell Catcher and give it a try. The installer is also a 32 bit application, so a test may not get too far.

I'm interested in hearing back, should you decide to check this out.

John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 David Watts

David Watts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:49 AM

Hi John,

Yes, I did downloaded the latest version, and yes it does seem to work on Vista x64. I haven't done any significant testing (eg to add words to the dictionary), but will report back on progress there.

I have noticed that it doesn't work well with Lotus Notes 8.0.1 - the replacement words get mangled - eg misspelled "mesage" gets replaced with "messmmessssaagge" so I might just have to switch off checking in that application unless you have a suggestion.

One note: I have two monitors, and the Suggest Spelling window only pops up on the primary monitor, even if the application is on the other monitor. It would be better if the popup would appear in the same monitor that the application is in.

David.