2 replies to this topic

#1 DAtherton

DAtherton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 11:18 AM

Evan,

I've been using SC since the early Thunder days - a terrific product. Good luck with having to handle all the support as well as developing SC. Back to the early Mac pioneering days. Toi-toi.

I received your useful Newsletter re registration. I have my serial number for version X 10.0.2 and all works well. I wanted to check that I'm in your database, but when I entered my Email address (David.Atherton@attglobal.net) it said it's not valid. Ditto every other address which includes a stop in the name. Entering one without a stop brings up the "(dreaded) No registered products were found..."

Incidentally, many thanks for the tip you posted on MacInTouch/MacFixIt regarding the International preferences which don't stick under OSX. By following your advice and setting them as a root user, I "fixed" the annoying problem which I've had for months.

Another example of the wonderful Mac community, and small developers fine tuning some great software - it's like 1984 all over again.

David

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:40 PM

Evan,

I've been using SC since the early Thunder days - a terrific product. Good luck with having to handle all the support as well as developing SC. Back to the early Mac pioneering days. Toi-toi.

I received your useful Newsletter re registration. I have my serial number for version X 10.0.2 and all works well. I wanted to check that I'm in your database, but when I entered my Email address (David.Atherton@attglobal.net) it said it's not valid. Ditto every other address which includes a stop in the name. Entering one without a stop brings up the "(dreaded) No registered products were found..."

Incidentally, many thanks for the tip you posted on MacInTouch/MacFixIt regarding the International preferences which don't stick under OSX. By following your advice and setting them as a root user, I "fixed" the annoying problem which I've had for months.

Another example of the wonderful Mac community, and small developers fine tuning some great software - it's like 1984 all over again.

David

Thanks for pointing this out - I'll try to get it fixed later today.

I knew there were some bugs in this stuff, sorry you had to be a beta tester...

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 30 August 2003 - 09:59 PM

I wanted to check that I'm in your database, but when I entered my Email address (David.Atherton@attglobal.net) it said it's not valid. Ditto every other address which includes a stop in the name. Entering one without a stop brings up the "(dreaded) No registered products were found..."

Actually, it looks like the problem isn't that your email address has a period in it prior to the @attglobal.net, it's more obscure than that. If you change the "A" in "Atherton" to lowercase "a", there's no problem. Seems to be that any uppercase character after any first dot but before the "@" causes the address to be considered invalid.

So you could have gotten your serials just by lowercasing "atherton".

Anyway - this should be fixed now. Give it a try and let me know if there's still a problem.