• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crossrodes

crossrodes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 01:15 PM

I am attempting to install my copy (8.1.2) web, in the classic environment and am unable to do so. The installer says that No files need to be downloaded (this is good) but when I give the go ahead to install, all I get is the same page - over and over again offering to install for me. what is wrong here? <_<

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 01 September 2003 - 05:52 PM

I am attempting to install my copy (8.1.2) web, in the classic environment and am unable to do so. The installer says that No files need to be downloaded (this is good) but when I give the go ahead to install, all I get is the same page - over and over again offering to install for me. what is wrong here?  <_<

You can't install under Classic. You MUST BOOT INTO 9 to install.

#3 srhinock

srhinock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 11:59 AM

I have always been THRILLED with Spell Catcher 8.0 (even when it was Thunder 7), however, since I've upgraded my Macintosh to 9.2, my registered copy will not load. It somehow disables "mathlib." Then I cannot open any file until I turn off my computer and start all over again. :(
The CD installs correctly on my Mac running 9.1

Sharleen Rhinock, TN

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 03 September 2003 - 07:40 PM

I have always been THRILLED with Spell Catcher 8.0 (even when it was Thunder 7), however, since I've upgraded my Macintosh to 9.2, my registered copy will not load.  It somehow disables "mathlib."  Then I cannot open any file until I turn off my computer and start all over again.  :(
          The CD installs correctly on my Mac running 9.1

Sharleen Rhinock, TN

I don't know what "Mathlib" is.

This has never been reported before. Are you using Conflict Catcher? Is there some possibility that when SC8 is loaded it is set up so that it disabled Mathlib? I assure you this is NOT something that SC8 does on its own. This is happening in concert with some other piece of software.

Take a close look at your extension/startup item settings, especially if you are using Conflict Catcher or Extensions Manager.

Reinstall SC8 when booted into OS 9.

This is NOT a known problem. Something's up on your machine.

Evan Gross