• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fmindlin

fmindlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

How can I turn off "tab" to invoke suggestions? This has never happened before, and it's very annoying. When I'm in Safari filling out an online form and want to use tab to move from field to field, I get a popup with spelling suggestions instead of moving on. I have to hit tab a second time to actually move on...Thanks for any help you can give.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:40 PM

How can I turn off "tab" to invoke suggestions? This has never happened before, and it's very annoying. When I'm in Safari filling out an online form and want to use tab to move from field to field, I get a popup with spelling suggestions instead of moving on. I have to hit tab a second time to actually move on...Thanks for any help you can give.

Spell Catcher Preferences, Interactive pane, Typing tab, select "Tab" under "Ignore the mot recently-typed word...". You might want to do this for specific apps only, not Universal.

#3 fmindlin

fmindlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

Thanks for your quick response. Where do I isolate this to Firefox and Safari, instead of having it be Universal?

Spell Catcher Preferences, Interactive pane, Typing tab, select "Tab" under "Ignore the mot recently-typed word...". You might want to do this for specific apps only, not Universal.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

Thanks for your quick response. Where do I isolate this to Firefox and Safari, instead of having it be Universal?

Click the Applications icon in the Preferences window's toolbar to open the drawer with the list of applications, select the app you want the change applied to first. Add the app to the list if need be by either using the [+] button or dragging it to the list from the Finder.

#5 tbailey

tbailey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Check the help file. Click on Bold heading "Preferences" in side panel. Scroll to section heading labeled: "Application-Specific Preferences." Read.

Tom

sry, i few minutes too late.