• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gaholden

gaholden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 08:30 PM

I see you are busy with problems with the installation of 10.0.2. I'm having a problem understanding what goes where Etc. (I have moved them.) I do not understand the"Important Update Info" as where to put the programs back in their proper spots.
I'm getting a message:
"SC input method is either active or has been activated since you last logged in. You must select another input method or a keyword layout from the input menu. Log out and log in again before installation can proceed"
cheers Keep up the good work

BTW, FYI, I will be away for the next 10 days.

George

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:49 PM

I see you are busy with problems with the installation of 10.0.2.  I'm having a problem understanding what goes where Etc. (I have moved them.) I do not understand the"Important Update Info" as where to put the programs back in their proper spots.
I'm getting a message:
"SC input method is either active or has been activated since you last logged in. You must select another input method or a keyword layout from the input menu. Log out and log in again before installation can proceed"
cheers Keep up the good work

BTW, FYI,  I will be away for the next 10 days.

George

This message has nothing to do with having things in their proper location.

It means you need to choose your keyboard layout from the input menu (some sort of "flag" icon, depending on your locale) and then logout and in again. This isn't any sort of updater problem, it's the way it is supposed to work.

If in doubt, take a look at the very end of the movie contained in this FAQ, the very last bit of the movie shows how to do this.