• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeonO

LeonO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:57 AM

Is there any way to get SC to recognize words beginning in “fi”? What I get is something like finally and then it makes suggestions using ONLY the section of the word AFTER the “fi”. I end up simply marking all such words as “ignore all” -- but this means I never get any corrections on “fi” words.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Is there any way to get SC to recognize words beginning in “fi”? What I get is something like finally and then it makes suggestions using ONLY the section of the word AFTER the “fi”. I end up simply marking all such words as “ignore all” -- but this means I never get any corrections on “fi” words.

Not sure - don't think that ligatures are supported all that well. I'll look into it for the future, though.

#3 LeonO

LeonO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 01:16 PM

Not sure - don't think that ligatures are supported all that well. I'll look into it for the future, though.

Evan --
This is not a ligature problem. It effects ALL words longer than 3 letters with an initial "fi". Test words below:

fight, fit, fiddle, find, fat, fang, faith, facile, faucet, fog, fought, fen, fell, fence, feral, fun, funny, futile

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! Just like the child who wouldn’t cough in the doctor’s office, all the words (checked as “check selection”) came out okay. I don’t know if there are any other factors, but I’ll see if I can find some consistent contexts. [as an aside: a check of this entire message only picked up MISSING CAPITALS for “quote” and “fight” -- plus “fi” as a SHORTHAND error.]