• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Don

Don

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

I have has Spell Catcher since the early 90's. No upgrades for the last 5 years or more. I upgrade from SC Plus 1.0 to 3.0

Dang... when I type in SKYPE 4.0 SCP 3.0 deletes my typing after about 6 or 8 words. I un-instal 3.0 and re-installed 1.0 and NO PROBLEM.

Now, there does not seem to be a way to tell anyone. No way to send email to the vendor. So this place is the only place I can find to tell some one about it.

Running Windows XP Home.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in SCP 3.0...

Don McCormick

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 28 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

I have has Spell Catcher since the early 90's. No upgrades for the last 5 years or more. I upgrade from SC Plus 1.0 to 3.0

Dang... when I type in SKYPE 4.0 SCP 3.0 deletes my typing after about 6 or 8 words. I un-instal 3.0 and re-installed 1.0 and NO PROBLEM.

Good to know that the old version was OK. This means that there will be a way to remedy the problem with Spell Catcher Plus 3.x. We'll take a look.

Now, there does not seem to be a way to tell anyone. No way to send email to the vendor. So this place is the only place I can find to tell some one about it.

Well, you managed to tell us about it here, and three of our email addresses. For future reference, our Contacts page tells you how/where to get in touch.

Running Windows XP Home.

Needless to say, I am disappointed in SCP 3.0...

Do you need/use Spell Catcher Plus interactive checking functionality within Skype? Realize that if you don't, for now (until we figure out what's going on) you can simply turn off Interactive Checking within Skype and you won't see this problem.

That said, this is the first we've heard of the issue, and we thank you for alerting us to it. There are a lot of different applications out there, and all have their own quirks. Please tell us the version of Skype that you are using so we can do our testing with the same setup that you have.

#3 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

Hi Don,

I'm the author of the Windows version of Spell Catcher... can I have a short Skype conversation with you to see the problems you reported.

I have Skype installed on my machine but no one to talk with...

Please e-mail me so we can exchange Skype IDs and set up a time for a short conversation.

Thanks,
John Tytler
john@rainmakerinc.com