• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:36 AM

I would like to purchase Spell Catcher X today, but can't get its interactive features to work with TextEdit, which I use a lot. If I enter intentional misspellings in TextEdit, I only get the usual red underlines with the built-in Mac spellchecker. Without the interactive features, the application is useless to me. Hopefully, I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:50 AM

I would like to purchase Spell Catcher X today, but can't get its interactive features to work with TextEdit, which I use a lot. If I enter intentional misspellings in TextEdit, I only get the usual red underlines with the built-in Mac spellchecker. Without the interactive features, the application is useless to me. Hopefully, I'm just doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for any help.

Spell Catcher X works very, very well with TextEdit.

Do this to get started:

If you don't see Spell Catcher’s yellow checkmark in the menu bar, open Spell Catcher Preferences, Interactive pane, and click the "Activate Now" button.

In the Spell Catcher application, choose Help > Spell Catcher Help. Read the Welcome, Intro, and follow the Crash Course Tutorial.

Also view our Video Tutorials.

You can use Spell Catcher X with the system-wide spelling service if you'd like.

That should get you started.

#3 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 01:55 PM

Thanks, Evan...done most of these things already, but I can't see anything interactive at all. In my menu bar I have an icon of the US flag, and if I right-click it, the drop-down context menu has a yellow arrow beside "Spell Catcher", but there is not an actual yellow arrow in the menu bar.

FWIW, I have checked the Email Notification box for this thread and I never received an email when you replied, and it's not in my Gmail spam folder. You might want to check that. Thanks for your help.

Larry

#4 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Evan,

Never mind. I saw the note in Preferences about "if the interactive features open briefly, then close...click the button again. When I did, I got the yellow check mark in the menu bar.

Larry

#5 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:16 PM

Never mind. I saw the note in Preferences about "if the interactive features open briefly, then close...click the button again. When I did, I got the yellow check mark in the menu bar.

I've had to go back and click the "Activate Now" button twice in the past ten minutes....is the setting not sticking for some reason? Thanks.

Larry

#6 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

This is really annoying...I've purchased the Spell Checker and in the last two hours I've had to activate the interactive features three times. Surely this isn't normal behavior?

Larry

#7 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:16 PM

This is really annoying...I've purchased the Spell Checker and in the last two hours I've had to activate the interactive features three times. Surely this isn't normal behavior?

Larry

Like I said in my email to you (for the benefit of others), don't keep Qutting the Spell Catcher app.

#8 larrymcj

larrymcj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

Evan...I posted this BEFORE I got a reply from you in email. As I said there...all is fine now that I keep it running 24/7. I have a couple more minor things I can't figure out, but I'll keep looking here and the FAQs and if I don't find the answer I'll ask it here.