• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tinyow

tinyow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:52 AM

I am setting up a new computer for my wife. She has just got a new MacBook Pro and would like to start from fresh, ie not using migration assistant in transferring old programs, data and settings across, as she has many years of old stuff that keeps following her.

i have just downloaded the latest SC X10.3.2 (she was using X10.2.2 by memory), can anyone help me with transferring her old settings, preferences, dictionary & phrases across. note I am not a user of Spell Catcher and certainly not a full Mac expert, so a little more details would be better for me.

thanks

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:02 AM

I am setting up a new computer for my wife. She has just got a new MacBook Pro and would like to start from fresh, ie not using migration assistant in transferring old programs, data and settings across, as she has many years of old stuff that keeps following her.

i have just downloaded the latest SC X10.3.2 (she was using X10.2.2 by memory), can anyone help me with transferring her old settings, preferences, dictionary & phrases across. note I am not a user of Spell Catcher and certainly not a full Mac expert, so a little more details would be better for me.

thanks

I replied to the email you sent asking the above question.

Basically, all you need to do is copy the entire (HOME) ~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder from the old machine to (the same location) on your new one.