• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Folsom49er

Folsom49er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:22 AM

I'm using Spell Catcher X on my iMac and love it, so when I travelled 2500 miles to set up a new computer for my 89-year-old father, I was happy to find Spell Catcher Plus. However, I wasn't able to have it run at start-up, and it insists on having Dad Ok running it every time he double-clicks the shortcut icon on his desktop. That icon has been modified with a Windows Defender shield, I think, FWTW. I've used Windows XP for years (now running it on my iMac), but I've had little experience with Vista. Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on the best way to address these issues? Dad's learning to love SCP, so I'd like to buy it for him ASAP. Right now he's using it in trial mode. Oh, and I'll have to use LogMeIn to help him because I'm back home in California. THANKS!

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

I'm using Spell Catcher X on my iMac and love it, so when I travelled 2500 miles to set up a new computer for my 89-year-old father, I was happy to find Spell Catcher Plus. However, I wasn't able to have it run at start-up, and it insists on having Dad Ok running it every time he double-clicks the shortcut icon on his desktop. That icon has been modified with a Windows Defender shield, I think, FWTW. I've used Windows XP for years (now running it on my iMac), but I've had little experience with Vista. Can anyone give me some detailed instructions on the best way to address these issues? Dad's learning to love SCP, so I'd like to buy it for him ASAP. Right now he's using it in trial mode. Oh, and I'll have to use LogMeIn to help him because I'm back home in California. THANKS!

Is his user account set up to be an administrator? Thatís a requirement for Vista (unfortunately).

#3 Folsom49er

Folsom49er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:08 AM

Is his user account set up to be an administrator? Thatís a requirement for Vista (unfortunately).

As I said, I've had little experience with Vista. I'll log into his machine ASAP to see. As I recall with XP the "owner" was automatically an administrator.

I'm looking for "Vista for Dummies" tips!

Thanks!