• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stan

stan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

I have Spell Catcher doing full interactive and auto-show for my web browsers. When I enter a URL in the browser's address field and RETURN, Spell Catcher opens a correction window (very briefly) trying to spell check the URL. Is there a way to shut off the checking of that field, while keeping the main browser window checkable?

Thanks

Stan

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:34 PM

I have Spell Catcher doing full interactive and auto-show for my web browsers. When I enter a URL in the browser's address field and RETURN, Spell Catcher opens a correction window (very briefly) trying to spell check the URL. Is there a way to shut off the checking of that field, while keeping the main browser window checkable?

Thanks

Stan

Not really, as there's no way for Spell Catcher to know that it's in a URL field vs. any other sort of text area.

You might want to try turning on the preference to "Ignore typing while the application is automatically completing" (Interactive pane, Typing tab) or the option to ignore words followed by a carriage return (the latter is what works best for me).