• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

Are there any plans to develop Spell Catcher Plus any further, or is that it for the Windows version?

Thank you.

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:34 AM

Yes, a new version is in “alpha” test right now. It is hoped that this version will be ready for general release towards the end of this year.

If you (or anyone reading this) wishes to participate in the testing of this next version, please send me an e-mail to get started.

John Tytler
Author - Spell Catcher Plus
Rainmaker Research, Inc.

#3 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:34 PM

Thank you John. And I appreciate the invitation to help test.

Normally I love to help out doing beta on great programs like yours, but I am tied up with other things right now and couldn't help as much as I'd like. Hopefully others will read this and lend a hand.

I'll write if anything changes. I'd love to assist.

Thanks again! Looking forward to the new version whenever it is ready.

#4 marktheweinberg

marktheweinberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

I would love to see Spell Catcher Plus include the capability of searching online dictionaries and other references.

The Mac version, Spell Catcher X, has this feature, and it's excellent.

Thanks for considering this possibility.

#5 Ngarara

Ngarara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:14 AM

So, it's more than a year later, and still no update of SpellCatcher Plus. Since I'm forced to work in Windows much of the time at work, the bugs & deficiencies in the ageing 3.10.2a9 release (now over 3 years old!) are a frequent irritation.

Is there any realistic chance of an updated version, or should I be looking for an alternative? I don't mind if you've decided it's a lost cause, as that's your right, I'd just like to know so that I can actively look to replace it.

#6 Darwin

Darwin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

So, it's more than a year later, and still no update of SpellCatcher Plus. Since I'm forced to work in Windows much of the time at work, the bugs & deficiencies in the ageing 3.10.2a9 release (now over 3 years old!) are a frequent irritation.

Is there any realistic chance of an updated version, or should I be looking for an alternative? I don't mind if you've decided it's a lost cause, as that's your right, I'd just like to know so that I can actively look to replace it.

I'm in much the same boat, left wondering if there will ever be an update to the beta. Like you, I'm happy enough if Rainmaker has decided to drop development; I simply want to know so that I can find an alternative if necessary.

#7 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:21 AM

I'm in much the same boat, left wondering if there will ever be an update to the beta. Like you, I'm happy enough if Rainmaker has decided to drop development; I simply want to know so that I can find an alternative if necessary.

Yet another year gone by with no response. Would be appreciated if you would let us know if we should assume this is the end of updates for this product.

Thank you.