3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Shoeless

Mr. Shoeless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Hello,

I recently switched to a new computer and transferred over the data from my old one using the Migration Assistant. This is what happened:

1. I started SpellCatcher X (version 10.3.2). It told me "Your license key is for another installation. Select it and click 'Refresh Key'."
2. I selected the line showing the key and pressed "Refresh Key".
3. The "Requesting your license key" window slid down.
4. I pressed "Download My License Key".
5. The "Requesting your license key" window slid back up. A spinner and some text appeard in the lower right just before the window slid up, but the window slid up before I could read it.
6. The "No Spell Catcher X license key was found in the pasted or dropped text selection or file." window slides down.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems like when I press "Refresh key" it should be automatically getting an updated key from the server. So, I shouldn't have to paste anything.

Since that wasn't working:
1. I clicked on "Email my license to me"
2. Information was already filled out in the form.
3. I clicked "Submit"
4. The following warnings were shown at the top of the page:
Warning: escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/rainmkr/public_html/keyrequest/scx_requestkey.html on line 337

Warning: escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/rainmkr/public_html/keyrequest/scx_requestkey.html on line 337

Warning: escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/rainmkr/public_html/keyrequest/scx_requestkey.html on line 337

5. A few minutes later, I received an email from licensing@rainmakerinc.com with an attachment named "Spell Catcher X Key for <name-removed>.scxkey

6. Clicking or dragging the attachment to the Spell Catcher window causes the "No Spell Catcher X license key was found in the pasted or dropped text selection or file." window to slide down.

7. Opening the attachment in the text editor shows this:

--BEGIN KEY--
""
--END KEY--

So, the question is, where is my key?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hello,

I recently switched to a new computer and transferred over the data from my old one using the Migration Assistant. This is what happened:

1. I started SpellCatcher X (version 10.3.2). It told me "Your license key is for another installation. Select it and click 'Refresh Key'."
2. I selected the line showing the key and pressed "Refresh Key".
3. The "Requesting your license key" window slid down.
4. I pressed "Download My License Key".
5. The "Requesting your license key" window slid back up. A spinner and some text appeard in the lower right just before the window slid up, but the window slid up before I could read it.
6. The "No Spell Catcher X license key was found in the pasted or dropped text selection or file." window slides down.

Perhaps I am mistaken, but it seems like when I press "Refresh key" it should be automatically getting an updated key from the server. So, I shouldn't have to paste anything.

Since that wasn't working:
1. I clicked on "Email my license to me"
2. Information was already filled out in the form.
3. I clicked "Submit"
4. The following warnings were shown at the top of the page:
Warning: escapeshellcmd() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/rainmkr/public_html/keyrequest/scx_requestkey.html on line 337

5. A few minutes later, I received an email from licensing@rainmakerinc.com with an attachment named "Spell Catcher X Key for <name-removed>.scxkey

6. Clicking or dragging the attachment to the Spell Catcher window causes the "No Spell Catcher X license key was found in the pasted or dropped text selection or file." window to slide down.

7. Opening the attachment in the text editor shows this:

--BEGIN KEY--
""
--END KEY--

So, the question is, where is my key?

Oh sh*t. Our ISP has disabled something we need, and done it behind our back. I'll file a ticket with them and see what they can do.

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:05 PM

Oh sh*t. Our ISP has disabled something we need, and done it behind our back. I'll file a ticket with them and see what they can do.

It looks like this is fixed now - can you try again and post a follow-up? I'd give a more definitive answer but the folks at a2hosting haven't sent a confirmation for the ticket I just filed...

#4 Mr. Shoeless

Mr. Shoeless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

It looks like this is fixed now - can you try again and post a follow-up? I'd give a more definitive answer but the folks at a2hosting haven't sent a confirmation for the ticket I just filed...

Using the Refresh Key button worked this time. :)

Since I have an updated key now, I haven't tried using the web site to refresh a key. Maybe somebody else can try it...

Thanks for your help and thanks for making Spell Catcher!