• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newspix

newspix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

I upgraded my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard v. 10.6, and then paid for an upgrade for Spell Catcher to v.10.3.2. If I recall, in the previous versions, Spell Catcher would always indicate that it was active at the top of my screen. No matter what application I used, Spell Checker was always working for me without having to do anything else. Now, I end up with the flag icon always visible and if I use an application, I have to go to the flag and click on the Spell Checker check mark in order to activate it. When I close that app I have to repeat the procedure again. What can I do to have it always active?
Newspix

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

I upgraded my Mac Pro to Snow Leopard v. 10.6, and then paid for an upgrade for Spell Catcher to v.10.3.2. If I recall, in the previous versions, Spell Catcher would always indicate that it was active at the top of my screen. No matter what application I used, Spell Checker was always working for me without having to do anything else. Now, I end up with the flag icon always visible and if I use an application, I have to go to the flag and click on the Spell Checker check mark in order to activate it. When I close that app I have to repeat the procedure again. What can I do to have it always active?
Newspix

Read our FAQs, search this forum - it is a much discussed topic.

#3 rmathes

rmathes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:43 PM

Read our FAQs, search this forum - it is a much discussed topic.

I have followed this advice. Iíve changed Mail to a 32 bit app, I run SpellCatcher Activator at login, and it still wonít stay active and I continually have to go back up and change the flag to a check mark.

Have used SpellCatcher for years and really like it but this is getting old. If this can be fixed, great. If not, time to look for an alternative.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

I have followed this advice. Iíve changed Mail to a 32 bit app, I run SpellCatcher Activator at login, and it still wonít stay active and I continually have to go back up and change the flag to a check mark.

Have used SpellCatcher for years and really like it but this is getting old. If this can be fixed, great. If not, time to look for an alternative.

It should definitely work - just not when you switch to the Finder.

Anyway, this is all going to be a non-issue when Spell Catcher X 10.3.3 is released next week.

#5 rmathes

rmathes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Evan, thanks for the reply and the word that a new version is coming that makes all this stuff moot. I never use Finder (use Pathfinder instead) but sometimes SC stays active and sometimes I have to keep re-selecting it. A new version addressing this fundamental problem is great news.