• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kitmosden

kitmosden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:32 PM

I'm trying to use SCX (OS 10.6.1) with Postbox (a fairly new email client) and expansions are including the typed letters for expansion. So if I type

ck for:

Cheers,

Kit

it comes out:

ck
Cheers,

Kit

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

I'm trying to use SCX (OS 10.6.1) with Postbox (a fairly new email client) and expansions are including the typed letters for expansion. So if I type

ck for:

Cheers,

Kit

it comes out:

ck
Cheers,

Kit

Try following the advice in this FAQ. Ignore the fact that it mentions Tiger, substitute Postbox for Mail.

In other words, deselect the preference to "Make replacements directly…" specifically for Postbox.

#3 kitmosden

kitmosden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

Try following the advice in this FAQ. Ignore the fact that it mentions Tiger, substitute Postbox for Mail.

In other words, deselect the preference to "Make replacements directly…" specifically for Postbox.

I tried your suggestion and now I get:

cCheers,

Kit

In addition SCX is not staying selected in the menu bar. It keeps reverting to the Flag.

#4 kitmosden

kitmosden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:36 PM

cCheers,

Kit

In addition SCX is not staying selected in the menu bar. It keeps reverting to the Flag.

I'll also try the Spell Catcher activator.

Cheers,

Kit

#5 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

cCheers,

Kit

Yeah, I can see it's a Java app. This is a typical symptom of Java apps, as they do not handle text from input methods very well (a Mac OS X problem, not really anything to do with the app in particular).

These often require specification that a "Java hack" be used by the input method for the app in question. Try downloading, unzipping, and copying the attached Input Method Tuner.bundle to your home ~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder.

Quit and re-launch the Postbox app (if it's running at the time). No need to restart/logout/quit or do anything special as far as Spell Catcher is concerned.

I haven't tested it, I have no desire to install this app on my machine - unless you tell me it doesn't help.

Attached Files

#6 kitmosden

kitmosden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

Yeah, I can see it's a Java app. This is a typical symptom of Java apps, as they do not handle text from input methods very well (a Mac OS X problem, not really anything to do with the app in particular).

These often require specification that a "Java hack" be used by the input method for the app in question. Try downloading, unzipping, and copying the attached Input Method Tuner.bundle to your home ~/Library/Application Support/Spell Catcher folder.

Quit and re-launch the Postbox app (if it's running at the time). No need to restart/logout/quit or do anything special as far as Spell Catcher is concerned.

I haven't tested it, I have no desire to install this app on my machine - unless you tell me it doesn't help.

that seems to work.

Thanks,

Kit