• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tobster

Tobster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:06 PM

After updating to the New Apples Software, both new Safari and the Security Update last night, with Spell Checker on, the Mac Hard drive disappears along with everything on the desktop. I am unable to open my Hard drive. When I click Spell Checker off, everything works perfectly. So, there is a problem between Spell Checker and the new software.

I need help.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:51 PM

After updating to the New Apples Software, both new Safari and the Security Update last night, with Spell Checker on, the Mac Hard drive disappears along with everything on the desktop. I am unable to open my Hard drive. When I click Spell Checker off, everything works perfectly. So, there is a problem between Spell Checker and the new software.

I need help.

Try this component.

Quit Spell Catcher if it's running, then move the existing component to the trash, and copy this one into your home ~/Library/Components folder (i.e. where the existing one was).

You won't be able to simply copy over it because it will ilkely be in use.

Restart, Empty the Trash, then see if things are OK. You *may* have to fiddle with your Input Sources in Language & Text Prefs.

#3 Tobster

Tobster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:23 PM

Try this component.

Quit Spell Catcher if it's running, then move the existing component to the trash, and copy this one into your home ~/Library/Components folder (i.e. where the existing one was).

Restart, Empty the Trash, then see if things are OK. You *may* have to fiddle with your Input Sources in Language & Text Prefs.

Will give it a try.

#4 Tucson Alan

Tucson Alan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Try this component.

#5 Tucson Alan

Tucson Alan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

I shut down Spell Catcher, trashed Spell Catcher. Component. I put the new “component” in and the problem seems to be fixed, but even with Spell Catcher unmounted I can’t empty Trash because “Spell Catcher UI Server is in use.“ What now?

#6 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

I shut down Spell Catcher, trashed Spell Catcher. Component. I put the new “component” in and the problem seems to be fixed, but even with Spell Catcher unmounted I can’t empty Trash because “Spell Catcher UI Server is in use.“ What now?

What if you log out and in again and then Empty the Trash?