3 replies to this topic

#1 HandbellRingr

HandbellRingr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

Hello,
I installed Mac Snow Leopard, and now Spell Catcher will start randomly without me invoking it. How can I get it to stop doing that?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:45 AM

Hello,
I installed Mac Snow Leopard, and now Spell Catcher will start randomly without me invoking it. How can I get it to stop doing that?

Nothing random about it - chances are that you're simply seeing the Mac OS itself launching Spell Catcher as needed. Generally this would mean a Spell Catcher language is being used by the system-wide spelling service.

You can always setup your Language & Text System Preferences (Text tab, Spelling popup) so that you're not using a Spell Catcher language. But if you do use the Mac OS X spelling service, you wouldn't have access to your Spell Catcher X Learned Words and Shorthands. Depends on the way you work as to whether this is a big deal or not.

Of course, if you do use Spell Catcher's input method, then the Spell Catcher app must be open.

#3 HandbellRingr

HandbellRingr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:20 AM

Nothing random about it - chances are that you're simply seeing the Mac OS itself launching Spell Catcher as needed. Generally this would mean a Spell Catcher language is being used by the system-wide spelling service.

You can always setup your Language & Text System Preferences (Text tab, Spelling popup) so that you're not using a Spell Catcher language. But if you do use the Mac OS X spelling service, you wouldn't have access to your Spell Catcher X Learned Words and Shorthands. Depends on the way you work as to whether this is a big deal or not.

Of course, if you do use Spell Catcher's input method, then the Spell Catcher app must be open.

It never used to do this before though.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:06 AM

It never used to do this before though.

You mean "before" as in when you were using Leopard?

Lots of things are different when you install a major Mac OS X upgrade…