• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bruce Kieffer

Bruce Kieffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

My DirectCorrect is dimmed. Is it functional in 10.6.2?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 18 December 2009 - 11:16 PM

My DirectCorrect is dimmed. Is it functional in 10.6.2?

Sure, as long as you’re in an app that supports it. What app?

#3 Bruce Kieffer

Bruce Kieffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

Sure, as long as you’re in an app that supports it. What app?

All apps. I had some trouble with my user and system. I had to restore my user, and reinstall my system. Maybe I need to reinstall SCX? How's it going with the 64 bit version?

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:14 AM

All apps.

Yeah, but only some apps support DirectCorrect. Give me a concrete example or two.

I had some trouble with my user and system. I had to restore my user, and reinstall my system. Maybe I need to reinstall SCX?

What sort of trouble? Can you be more specific? Was it working before you did this? I need to know more before I can advise you whether to reinstall...

How's it going with the 64 bit version?

Getting very close. Basically, waiting on my German localizer to finish so I can send out a final candidate, then one more round of testing. I'm actually pretty happy with the way it's been working for the last couple of weeks. Just making small fixes and doing a few little tweaks here and there.

#5 Bruce Kieffer

Bruce Kieffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:12 AM

Yeah, but only some apps support DirectCorrect. Give me a concrete example or two.

What sort of trouble? Can you be more specific? Was it working before you did this? I need to know more before I can advise you whether to reinstall...

I just checked Mail, Safari, and Text Edit and see it is available there NOW! I think this issue may be similar to the SCX & 10.6 activation problems. Sometimes SCX does not become active even with the activator running, so I have to click back to the finder, and then click back to the app. That makes SCX active. All this I assume will be solved when you release the 64 bit version?

My real desire was to find a way to use SCX with Excel thinking maybe DirrectCorrect would work there. Any hope for an Excel SCX solution in the future?

#6 Bruce Kieffer

Bruce Kieffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:21 AM

Getting very close. Basically, waiting on my German localizer to finish so I can send out a final candidate, then one more round of testing. I'm actually pretty happy with the way it's been working for the last couple of weeks. Just making small fixes and doing a few little tweaks here and there.

I just checked DirectCorrect again, and it is grayed on all apps unless I have Text Edit open. I quit Text Edit, and DirectCorrect goes grayed out on all other apps.

#7 Bruce Kieffer

Bruce Kieffer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

I just checked DirectCorrect again, and it is grayed on all apps unless I have Text Edit open. I quit Text Edit, and DirectCorrect goes grayed out on all other apps.

OK... OK... I give! It's working now without Text Edit open. Maybe I just don't understand how and when it becomes active. It appears as though I must be in a text entering mode of some sort.

#8 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:18 AM

OK... OK... I give! It's working now without Text Edit open. Maybe I just don't understand how and when it becomes active. It appears as though I must be in a text entering mode of some sort.

The DirectCorrect command(s) are only enabled when the view you are entering text into supports what DirectCorrect needs. So (say) if there’s no window open in TextEdit, DirectCorrect will be disabled. If you’re in a TextEdit document that been set to “Prevent Editing”, DirectCorrect will be disabled. Same goes for something like the About TextEdit window - no place to enter text, therefore disabled.

There may be some apps that use different kinds of text entry views depending on the window, feature or something else - some of those views may support DirectCorrect, others might not.

Hope that makes sense...