• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matt

matt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:02 AM

One of our doctors uses Spell Catcher Plus regularly and he periodically loses all of his learned words. How can we back the learned words up and how can we avoid this happening at all?

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 12:56 PM

One of our doctors uses Spell Catcher Plus regularly and he periodically loses all of his learned words. How can we back the learned words up and how can we avoid this happening at all?

Normally (unless these files are relocated using "Folder Options" in the Settings dialog), learned words and shorthand expansions are stored in each user's "My Documents/Spell Catcher Plus" folder. This folder is all that needs to be backed up to ensure these files are not lost, or can be recovered should this happen.

As to why these files are being lost, that's another matter. It may just be that Spell Catcher is loosing track of them.

I do recommend that files with Learned Words or Shorthand expansions be given more unique names so they can be easily identified and searched on a computer... For instance, someone named Len may file the file name "Len's Learned Words" better than the default name -> "US English - My Learned Words".

John Tytler
Rainmaker Research, Inc.