Photo

I would like to import an abbreviation file, if possible...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Keller

Scott Keller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:49 AM

Hi,

I just purchased Spell Catcher X and would like to import a file that looks like this:

"ba","八"
"jiu","九"
"ten","十"
"swsm","塞翁失马, 焉知祸福"
"ls","老师"

etc.

I have a decent text editor and can do regular expressions, although I couldn't seem to get an ascii null replacement done (I'm guessing because I have to open it up as a unicode file to preserve the Chinese characters?), so I was unable to complete the hack I saw in an earlier posting to see if it worked.

It would make sense, at least to me, to have an import function that allows .csv text file with paired values on separate lines, if you don't have it already. I would be more than willing to change the delimiters and quote types. I will also manually take care of any internal text (such as the comma on the "swsm" line).

By the way, I did this list for an iPhone app (Abbreviate!) that I also recently got. The file format is what it exports.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:24 PM

Hi,

I just purchased Spell Catcher X and would like to import a file that looks like this:

"ba","八"
"jiu","九"
"ten","十"
"swsm","塞翁失马, 焉知祸福"
"ls","老师"

etc.

I have a decent text editor and can do regular expressions, although I couldn't seem to get an ascii null replacement done (I'm guessing because I have to open it up as a unicode file to preserve the Chinese characters?), so I was unable to complete the hack I saw in an earlier posting to see if it worked.

It would make sense, at least to me, to have an import function that allows .csv text file with paired values on separate lines, if you don't have it already. I would be more than willing to change the delimiters and quote types. I will also manually take care of any internal text (such as the comma on the "swsm" line).

By the way, I did this list for an iPhone app (Abbreviate!) that I also recently got. The file format is what it exports.

Thanks for your help,

Scott

The best way to do this is via our Shorthand Glossary xml propertylist import/export format. It's pretty simple - just open a Shorthand Glossary document, then choose File > Export (with XML selected in the popup) and take a look at the results. You should be able to create a .plist file in that format from your original with any capable text editor, or maybe with a scriptable plist editor like PlistEdit Pro.

#3 Scott Keller

Scott Keller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

The best way to do this is via our Shorthand Glossary xml propertylist import/export format. It's pretty simple - just open a Shorthand Glossary document, then choose File > Export (with XML selected in the popup) and take a look at the results. You should be able to create a .plist file in that format from your original with any capable text editor, or maybe with a scriptable plist editor like PlistEdit Pro.

Thanks, Evan. I'll give it a try.

#4 DmitriiVelichutin

DmitriiVelichutin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hello frends from russian London Would like to meet Greek Cypriot who can help in learning Greek.