• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jj123

jj123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:22 PM

I upgraded to 10.3.3 and cannot access any of my previously saved short-hand list. Have they been lost? I cannot even pull up the shorthand box. ???

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 19 January 2010 - 01:50 AM

I upgraded to 10.3.3 and cannot access any of my previously saved short-hand list. Have they been lost? I cannot even pull up the shorthand box. ???

If you open Spell Catcher’s Preferences window, view the References pane, and drill down (disclose via the triangle) your language, do you see your Shorthand Glossary reference in the list? If you do, make sure the "Use?" checkbox is selected.

If you don't, well, what do you see?

Did you perform a complete uninstall before installing 10.3.3? There's definitely no need to. If you did, do you have a backup or still have the "Saved Spell Catcher Files" folder on your Desktop?

#3 seeeg

seeeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

When i drill down my language, i find the shorthand glossary checked, but still no glossary.

When i pull down the menu under the spellcatcher icon, it is a short abbreviated one not like what i had with 10.3.3/

Any suggestions?

I dont think i did any uninstall. just opened it up.

If you open Spell Catcher’s Preferences window, view the References pane, and drill down (disclose via the triangle) your language, do you see your Shorthand Glossary reference in the list? If you do, make sure the "Use?" checkbox is selected.

If you don't, well, what do you see?

Did you perform a complete uninstall before installing 10.3.3? There's definitely no need to. If you did, do you have a backup or still have the "Saved Spell Catcher Files" folder on your Desktop?

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

When i drill down my language, i find the shorthand glossary checked, but still no glossary.

If you double-click the Shorthand Glossary, does it open properly and do the contents look correct?

When i pull down the menu under the spellcatcher icon, it is a short abbreviated one not like what i had with 10.3.3/

That sounds like the real problem. Do you see just a separator line instead of all the commands that should be there? Does this happen 100% of the time?

Sounds like it might be time to reinstall - at least the input method. Something's likely damaged with the copy of Spell Catcher that you have installed.

Try this first:

Quit the Spell Catcher app.
Double-click Spell Catcher to open it from the Finder, and immediately hold down (and keep holding) the control key until you see the "Update/Install input method" window or alert (which one you see depends on the version of Mac OS X you're using and whether your Mac is 64-bit capable). Choose to update/reinstall.

If that doesn't help, you should probably do a fresh re-install of Spell Catcher X. Download a fresh copy of the installation disk image from our Downloads page, then use the Uninstaller with the default settings to uninstall the application, input methods and preferences files. It's important you use the default settings so that none of your Spell Catcher data is removed (Learned Words, Shorthand Glossary files, etc.).

Then copy the (fresh) Spell Catcher app to your hard disk, eject the installation disk image, and open Spell Catcher from your hard drive to install the input methods.