• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 merrifield

merrifield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 03:59 AM

John... can you tell me approx. when another update will be posted for Spell Catcher Plus?
Thanks
Michael Merrfield

#2 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 01:50 PM

Hi Michael,

A new upgrade should be coming out in October, but I'll be looking for a few folks to beta test the upgrade before its general release.

Those who have bought Spell Catcher Plus from us through kagi and those who help me with the beta test will be given the upgrade freely... others will be able to try the upgrade freely for a limited time and decide if they want to purchase it. The upgrade cost hasn't yet been figured out, but will probably be around $20 for C&G customers who have registered with us .

If you or anyone else reading this post is interested in beta testing the new upgrade, please e-mail me directly at the address below with the phrase "Beta test offering" in the subject. Please include the OS version(s) that you'll be using.

Thanks,
John Tytler - Author, Spell Catcher for Windows
john_at_rainmakerinc.com

#3 sjordi

sjordi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Volcanology, computing, skiing, classical music, literature

Posted 20 October 2003 - 12:57 AM

Yeah I'd like to email you to become a beta tester...
but for an unknown reason, I just can't email you!
(I'm registered).
Any clue? :huh:

#4 John Tytler

John Tytler

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 12:39 PM

Hi,

I hope to have the beta test installer for the next version (2.5.0) ready this week. I've very pleased with the new features the Spell Catcher has, specifically the inclusion of popup tooltip windows to allow you to quickly correct a typo, and the addition of Ghostwriting.

For those who don't know, Ghostwriting (if enabled) will record all your keystrokes made into a separate file for each document... so that if you should happen to loose your work in another application, you can refer to the ghostwritten text files that Spell Catcher creates to piece together your lost work.

Not sure why youíre e-mail doesnít get through... itís john_at_rainmakerINC.com... donít forget the ďincĒ after rainmaker...

John