• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sweet160

sweet160

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

How can i remove a word from the dictionaries?

thanks!!

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

How can i remove a word from the dictionaries?

thanks!!

Depends on what kind of file the word resides in. If it's one that's not editable (not simply locked, but a format that's not human readable, like a Main Spellings file), you need to add the word to an Omitted Words file. Omitted Words effectively remove a word from a word list by causing Spell Catcher to always flag it as an error.

If it's a Learned Words or other human-readable/editable file, use Find in References to locate it, then just open the file and delete the word. If the file is locked, read this FAQ.

#3 sweet160

sweet160

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 08:24 PM

Depends on what kind of file the word resides in. If it's one that's not editable (not simply locked, but a format that's not human readable, like a Main Spellings file), you need to add the word to an Omitted Words file. Omitted Words effectively remove a word from a word list by causing Spell Catcher to always flag it as an error.

If it's a Learned Words or other human-readable/editable file, use Find in References to locate it, then just open the file and delete the word. If the file is locked, read this FAQ.

hi thanks for your answer,

I see an onmitted word file in the English language
can I add a file like that in Spanish,

its not present in the preferences / references tab...

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:39 AM

hi thanks for your answer,

I see an omitted word file in the English language
can I add a file like that in Spanish,

its not present in the preferences / references tab...

Of course you can create your own. Same as you would create a new document in any application - in the Spell Catcher application, File > New > Omitted Words (in this case).

Make sure to click the help (?) button to read more about this type of document - note specifically that omitted words are case-sensitive.