• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler Gred

Tyler Gred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

I don't know if this is a bug or if this is a setting I have enabled or what...

I made an auto-correct shorthand for the word Gus. I sometimes spell it "Guss" and I want SpellCatcher to auto-fix it to Gus.

I edited my Words to Correct reference file with Guss = Gus.

The problem is when I spell Guss it will just automatically add Gus after Guss, resulting in GussGus....

Can someone help me?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

I don't know if this is a bug or if this is a setting I have enabled or what...

I made an auto-correct shorthand for the word Gus. I sometimes spell it "Guss" and I want SpellCatcher to auto-fix it to Gus.

I edited my Words to Correct reference file with Guss = Gus.

The problem is when I spell Guss it will just automatically add Gus after Guss, resulting in GussGus....

Can someone help me?

Usually this is caused by a bug in the application you're using. So I have to ask: what application(s) (and their version) are you seeing this in? What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Anyway, the work around is generally to deselect the Spell Catcher Preference (Interactive pane, Typing tab) to "Make replacements directly without backspacing…" for that particular application.

Pretty much what this FAQ describes, just substitute the application you're having this trouble with where the FAQ mentions Mail. Ignore the version of Mac OS X and Spell Catcher that are mentioned.

(Guess I need to post a more generic FAQ, although this problem should be quite rare on Mac OS X 10.6.x with Spell Catcher X 10.3.x)

#3 Tyler Gred

Tyler Gred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for the help and I'm sorry if this is a FAQ. One of the my problems I had while trying to find an answer was I was unsure on how to word my problem. Regardless, I did not see that FAQ you linked...

I'm using OS 10.6.2 and the software the problem occurs is TinderBox 5.0.2.

I'm going to try this solution and hopefully everything works out.

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE

It worked. Thanks.