• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Remco Douma

Remco Douma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:03 AM

It would be really great if the language would return to the latest activated language for that specific window upon window activation.

I am normally working in multiple windows of the same application in different languages at the same time, for example in Word. What happens now is that I work on a document in Spanish, so I switch my language to Spanish, then Alt-tab to another app (answer a chat or something), I come back and the language for that window has been reset to English (default language for Word). And I am not even talking about chat windows in Adium where I chat in Dutch, Spanish or English with different people.

#2 Remco Douma

Remco Douma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:11 AM

Ehhh... I just quit Spell Catcher (incl. using Activity Monitor to quit the remaining process that doesn't go away) and restarted it, and now it does seem to work as I'd expect it to work... I restarted it because it was not responding to the hotkeys anymore to switch language... that is a known bug I think, maybe this is related?

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

Ehhh... I just quit Spell Catcher (incl. using Activity Monitor to quit the remaining process that doesn't go away) and restarted it, and now it does seem to work as I'd expect it to work... I restarted it because it was not responding to the hotkeys anymore to switch language... that is a known bug I think, maybe this is related?

I don't think it's related - the known bug is just that the keyboard shortcuts are always populated initially. Let me know if you see a problem again.