• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benos

benos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

I have been running Spellcatcher 10.2.2 in Mac 10.4.11 for some years now, and it has been working perfectly.

About a week ago, Spellcatcher began frequently quitting, sometime once or twice a day, and sometimes as often as every few minutes.

A restart didn't help, and I haven't installed any new apps recently.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:49 PM

I have been running Spellcatcher 10.2.2 in Mac 10.4.11 for some years now, and it has been working perfectly.

About a week ago, Spellcatcher began frequently quitting, sometime once or twice a day, and sometimes as often as every few minutes.

A restart didn't help, and I haven't installed any new apps recently.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian

You're seeing the problem caused by updating to Safari 4.1 on 10.4.x or Safari 5.0 on 10.5.x and 10.6.x. The only solution is to upgrade to Spell Catcher X 10.3.6.

#3 benos

benos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:57 AM

You're seeing the problem caused by updating to Safari 4.1 on 10.4.x or Safari 5.0 on 10.5.x and 10.6.x. The only solution is to upgrade to Spell Catcher X 10.3.6.

But I'm still on Safari 3.2.1?

Thank you,
Brian

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

But I'm still on Safari 3.2.1?

Thank you,
Brian

OK, that's strange. Can you reproduce the crash? If you still have any of the crash logs, can you email them to our feedback address?

Either way, you should at least be using Spell Catcher X 10.2.3 (a free update from 10.2.2). 10.3.6 is better yet, but not necessarily free for you.

#5 benos

benos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for the reply Evan, and for the fantastic support over the 10 or so years that I've relied on Spellcatcher.

I haven't yet been able to reproduce what turns Spellcatcher off. But a while ago, I happened to be looking at Spellcatcher's icon (which was then the "American Flag," just as I double clicked a Excel Spreadsheet (Excel was already launched), which turned on Spellcatcher. But I was unable to reproduce that sequence of turning Spellcatcher on.

I searched the Crash Log for "spell" but no results.

Ahhh, just figured it out. I just noted it was off, and also that I was in the app TextEdit. Then I looked again when I clicked back in the browser I looked again and it was on. So it must have somehow become set to be off in TextEdit. Just fixed it in the Prefs.

Thanks again Evan. And I'm sorry to have wasted your time.
Regards,
Brian