• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim S.

Tim S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hi - I am a very long time user (and beta tester) of Spell Catcher and absolutely love this program. Unfortunately, here at work I recently had Microsoft Office 2010 installed, replacing 2007. And, not only does Spell Catcher 'not' work at all with this new version, but will also not work with any other program, if I happen to use Word, Excel or Outlook. I then have to quit Spell Catcher and then start it, again. (Major pain, every time this happens....)

Does this happen to anyone else out there? (I am using version Alpha 7, build 2815)

- Tim

#2 mo75

mo75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:47 PM

My version of SC+ works with MS Office 2010, but not perfectly by any means. Try turning off all or as many of the Autocorrect options as you can get away with. Apparently these options do many of the same things SC+ does, so Word will default to its own Autocorrect options instead of Spell Catcher's.

I'm having another problem with MS Office 2010, including Word and Outlook. Some of the shorthand expansions in my glossary (like "b" for back) don't work. I think there are automatic or preprogrammed words, letters, or abbreviations that Word recognizes as correct and overrides Spell Catcher's settings. It does not seem to be controlled by the Autocorrect options. Has anyone encountered this problem and can someone suggest how to fix it?

- mo75

#3 sjordi

sjordi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Volcanology, computing, skiing, classical music, literature

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:32 AM

No,
the current edition of SPC doesn't work anymore with Office 2010. It corrects only once, and then it's gone forever.
You have to exit, re-launch.
:(

#4 NotoriusEXE

NotoriusEXE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

I'm having the same problem. Is there any plan to fix it?

#5 Tim S.

Tim S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:42 PM

It looks like we're all SOL with Spell Catcher Plus. John Tytler has left for greener pastures, last I knew. - Now, does anyone know of a similar program to this? - I have been using AutoHotKey for word expansions, but it's nothing compared to this program..

- Tim