• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sthallman

sthallman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

I am brand new to spell catcher, just downloaded today version 10.3.7 for Mac OS X 10.6.6. I am trying to use spell catcher with outlook 2011 for mac. I am used to spell check on PC based Outlook and cannot seem to turn on the function where spell catcher will correct mis spelled words before sending email. It finds and underlines, but will not correct or give me the chance to correct before email is sent.

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

I am brand new to spell catcher, just downloaded today version 10.3.7 for Mac OS X 10.6.6. I am trying to use spell catcher with outlook 2011 for mac. I am used to spell check on PC based Outlook and cannot seem to turn on the function where spell catcher will correct mis spelled words before sending email. It finds and underlines, but will not correct or give me the chance to correct before email is sent.

Although the Mac version of Outlook 2011 is supposedly more like Outlook on Windows than its predecessor, Entourage for Mac OS X, I'm really not familiar at all with Outlook on Windows to make any sort of comparison.

Anyway, functionality like "check spelling before sending" is implemented by the application you're using - not something Spell Catcher can do directly.

(Remember not to confuse "Spell Catcher" with an application's built-in spell checker. Our Windows product, Spell Catcher Plus, does not have a feature like what you describe. It would be part of Outlook on Windows itself).

So it looks to me like Outlook 2011 does not have such a feature (unlike Apple's Mail, which does). So in Outlook 2011, before sending, it looks like you have to choose Edit > Spelling and Grammar > Show Spelling and Grammar or Check Document now, then go through and make corrections yourself.

Note that Spell Catcher X can be used with the Mac OS X system-wide spell checker (which Outlook 2011 uses), see this FAQ and this Help Book section.

But if you're not familiar with Spell Catcher at all, my advice would be to watch our Video Tutorials, then in the Spell Catcher application, choose Help > Spell Catcher Help, and read the Intro, Welcome, and follow the Crash Course tutorial.