2 replies to this topic

#1 Eric B

Eric B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Photo retouching, organic gardening

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:39 PM

Looking at the DirectCorrect Inspector, I would like the word count to report phrases in quotes as only 1 word. This is very useful for metadata work. For example

"Mutally Assured Destruction" is counted by the Inspector as 3 words

I would like it to count it as one word.

I checked in preferences and did not find anything to change it. Is is possible somehow?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:05 PM

Looking at the DirectCorrect Inspector, I would like the word count to report phrases in quotes as only 1 word. This is very useful for metadata work. For example

I checked in preferences and did not find anything to change it. Is is possible somehow?

Nope, not something that's ever been suggested to us until now! I had no idea it would be useful in the context you state. I like the idea, so I'll make a note of it. Certainly won't be in Spell Catcher X 10.4, but perhaps a 10.4.x update.

#3 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:07 PM

Anyway, glad you're stoked about DirectCorrect. Many folks never even try it. Those that do, usually get "hooked".

And to be fair, "Mutally Assured Destruction" really is three words…