6 replies to this topic

#1 Wayne W

Wayne W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:46 AM

Hi -

I just purchased the Russian Language Pack to add to Spell Catcher. I followed instructions in the email I received on refreshing/replacing my license code, and all of that seemed to go well, except that I still do not have the language pack. I do have access to British, Canadian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss, and "All Standard," but since I wasn't looking for those to being with, I'm not sure if they are new additions or if they were there all along. Russian still says "Purchase separately."

I tried going through the steps to update my license again thinking that maybe it didn't take, but now I am told "Your license is up to date."

How can I fix this?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:51 AM

Hi -

I just purchased the Russian Language Pack to add to Spell Catcher. I followed instructions in the email I received on refreshing/replacing my license code, and all of that seemed to go well, except that I still do not have the language pack. I do have access to British, Canadian, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss, and "All Standard," but since I wasn't looking for those to being with, I'm not sure if they are new additions are if they were there all along. Russian still says "Purchase separately."

I tried going through the steps to update my license again thinking that maybe it didn't take, but now I am told "Your license is up to date."

How can I fix this?

First, read your email.

• Read the one you got from Kagi when you purchased the language (it states that adding a language is a manual procedure and to allow up to 24 hours).
  • I just updated your license in the database, and sent you instructions. Read that email.

Read this post by another customer that also didn't read his email.

Then read this post about how we recommend setting up Spell Catcher for easy switching between English and Russian.

#3 Wayne W

Wayne W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

Thank you for updating my license, but I would like to point out to you that the the followup email from Rainmaker is the cause of the misunderstanding. It makes it sound like the license has already been updated. It reads as follows...

Your license has been updated to include this language. Just Refresh your
license key (choose to Replace the existing one if given the choice), then
you will be able to download the language at any time from the Get Updates
and Languages window.

After installing the language and/or refreshing your key, you will have to
Quit and re-open the Spell Catcher application before it is available.

Hence my confusion.

Wayne

First, read your email.

• Read the one you got from Kagi when you purchased the language (it states that adding a language is a manual procedure and to allow up to 24 hours).
  • I just updated your license in the database, and sent you instructions. Read that email.

Read this post by another customer that also didn't read his email.

Then read this post about how we recommend setting up Spell Catcher for easy switching between English and Russian.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Thank you for updating my license, but I would like to point out to you that the the followup email from Rainmaker is the cause of the misunderstanding. It makes it sound like the license has already been updated. It reads as follows…

Your license has been updated to include this language. Just Refresh your
license key (choose to Replace the existing one if given the choice), then
you will be able to download the language at any time from the Get Updates
and Languages window.

After installing the language and/or refreshing your key, you will have to
Quit and re-open the Spell Catcher application before it is available.

Hence my confusion.

It does mention that you need to refresh your license key...

#5 Wayne W

Wayne W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:49 PM

Yes, I refreshed my key and Spell Catcher told me my key was refreshed. The other advice was that I was posting too soon and that I needed to wait.

I still do not have the Russian language pack. I believe I have wait long enough by now that I should have seen something. Can anyone help with this issue, please?

#6 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Yes, I refreshed my key and Spell Catcher told me my key was refreshed. The other advice was that I was posting too soon and that I needed to wait.

I still do not have the Russian language pack. I believe I have wait long enough by now that I should have seen something. Can anyone help with this issue, please?

No, that's not right. You should have had the language available immediately! Why did you wait this long to get back to us?

I'll try to find the original info, but if you could please fire off an email to us with your X102 license code that will speed things up. Send it to our feedback or sales email address.

#7 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Your license looks fine in our database, however there is no record of you ever requesting a key for it. Weird.

Can you refresh your key, get this "key is refreshed" alert, and take a screen shot of it? Then either attach it to a reply here or send it to our feedback email address, so I can see what you're seeing?