• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 William Bragg

William Bragg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:38 PM

Can an auxiliary dictionary be created by the user with multiple word exceptions?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

Can an auxiliary dictionary be created by the user with multiple word exceptions?

I'm not sure what you're after, however I'm pretty certain the answer would be "yes".

Give me concrete details of what you need. I need your definition of a "word exception" to answer you properly.

#3 William Bragg

William Bragg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:36 PM

I'm not sure what you're after, however I'm pretty certain the answer would be "yes".

Give me concrete details of what you need. I need your definition of a "word exception" to answer you properly.

Can a list of words be created and added to the references. These words would then not be indicated as a misspelling by Spell Catcher. Similar to "Learned" words.

#4 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:35 PM

Can a list of words be created and added to the references. These words would then not be indicated as a misspelling by Spell Catcher. Similar to "Learned" words.

Not sure what you mean by "similar to Learned Words" - what would the difference be? Seems like you're talking about Learned Words.

#5 William Bragg

William Bragg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:21 AM

Not sure what you mean by "similar to Learned Words" - what would the difference be? Seems like you're talking about Learned Words.

Instead of learning words one at a time as with "Learned Words," can a list of many words be created that would be learned?

#6 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

Instead of learning words one at a time as with "Learned Words," can a list of many words be created that would be learned?

Sure, in many ways.

Open the Learned Words document you want to add to (or choose File > New > Learned Words) and click the help (?) button.

You can open the words in a text document, one word or word pair per line, Edit > Copy, switch to Spell Catcher with the Learned Words document open, Edit > Paste.

Open an existing document in Spell Catcher Preferences, References, drill down your language and double-click.