• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 smith77

smith77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

I searched for forums for "partial word" and "partial words" but did not find this issue posted. I am using the latest version of SpellCatcher X and at times only part of a word is being checked. For example, I typed "Bummer" in an email today and SpellCatcher wanted to correct "mmer". In this case "Bummer" was auto capitalized by SpellCatcher X, but this has happened with words that were not auto capitalized. Any ideas?

#2 Evan Gross

Evan Gross

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,991 posts
  • Interests:This Place!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

I searched for forums for "partial word" and "partial words" but did not find this issue posted. I am using the latest version of SpellCatcher X and at times only part of a word is being checked. For example, I typed "Bummer" in an email today and SpellCatcher wanted to correct "mmer". In this case "Bummer" was auto capitalized by SpellCatcher X, but this has happened with words that were not auto capitalized. Any ideas?

Can you give me steps to reproduce?

What version of Spell Catcher X?
What application(s)?

Realize that if you type a character or click the mouse such that Spell Catcher thinks the insertion point may have been moved, it will reset the current state of interactive checking. Any chance that's what happened?

#3 smith77

smith77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

I just realized that there is a setting in TextExpander to auto capitalize the first letter of sentences. I think this may have conficted with Spell Catcher. I've disabled the auto caps in TextExpander. If the problem still persists, I'll post again. Thanks for the quick reply.